California’s Investor-Owned Utilities (PG&E, SCE, SoCalGas and SDG&E) offer energy assistance programs to income-qualified customers in their service territories through the Energy Savings Assistance (ESA), California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) and Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) programs.
The ESA, CARE, and FERA program dashboards provide a summary of annual program data starting in 2012, including budgets, expenditures, savings, household treatment, and enrollment. Following the three dashboards are pages showing individual charts with filtering options such as by IOU and/or by year. Use the tips below to navigate and explore through program data.
- Navigate to additional program dashboards and charts using the arrows (< 1 of 40 >) below the display.
- Adjust chart view by selecting a specific IOU or Year using the filters above the chart. To reset the chart to its original view, select Clear Selections next to the filter.
- Hover-over to view detailed data in a chart.
- View a specific dashboard or chart by clicking “1 of 40” below the display and select in the drop-down.
* FERA annual data available for 2022 only. Historical data for FERA will be added soon.
Note: Program dashboards will be updated with new annual program data in May of each year. Pursuant to D.21-06-015, Ordering Paragraph 188, the IOUs continue to file monthly and annual ESA, CARE and FERA reports in PDF and spreadsheet format to the service lists of the appropriate proceedings. See Historical Monthly and Annual Reports for detailed data.